Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time for new Specs

imageIts been about three years since I’ve had the prescription in my glasses changed. Its about time to venture into the eye doctors again to see how time has affected my vision.

Since I have vision coverage in our health insurance plan I have to go to a provider that accepts our type of insurance. Now it just so happens that the closest provider of our plan is located in the Galleria Mall in Edina.

If you not familiar with the Galleria it an upscale trendy place that people with too much money usually frequent. That means that this place is fairly expensive, but because the coverage I have provides a substantial discount the final out of pocket to me will be reasonable.

imageAn appointment was scheduled for one night after work and we cruised on down to the Galleria. After all the poking and prodding, air puffs in the eyes, and the back and forth of “ Is image A clearer or image B” the verdict was rendered.

No problems with the eyes, but the reading glasses need to be stronger and the distance vision is not what it used to be. A new set of progressive lens bifocals are in order. The prescription was rendered and we ventured out into the frame gallery to find a new set of frames to house the new lenses.

imageThey say that fashion repeats itself every 20 or 30 years or so, and eye glass frames are no exception to that rule. The most popular frames today and also the most expensive ones, I remember my grandfather wearing 40 years ago.

While I’m getting old and I’m as nostalgic as the next guy I can’t see myself wearing glasses that make me look like my grandfather. I guess if your young enough that you don’t remember people wearing these 40 years ago it works.

So not the nostalgia route. I don’t want round again. I do like the frameless ones. Wait! here is a cool pair of frames that the marketing advertises that they will make me, Better Looking,” “Cooler,” Taller,”a Better Lover,” and that “Women will not be able to keep there hands off me” as well as “Guarantee me a Raise.”

How can I not go with these frames!

new glasses

Well women…. can you keep you hands off me?

scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for the fact that you've made it abundantly clear you've been happily married for 30 plus years - I'd go there, with or without the new glasses!

Anonymous said...

I'd say I couldn't keep my hands off of you if I thought MC would not chase me down in a heartbeat to protect her territory. Ha! I already love your cologne!

Very nice specs though I must say.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin