Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Birthday Weekend

It was my birthday at the end of August. I'm another year older. How does that make me feel?

Not really any different…….. It seems like that if the birthday doesn't have an special significance like

16 : you get your drivers license

21: you get to drink liquor

62: you can collect Soc sec

What’s the point? Nothings any different.

Now that doesn't mean you shouldn’t celebrate and take advantage of the fact that its your birthday. That’s what I did! My parents came to town with a birthday cake and we had made plans to go to the Horse races.

P1011126

But first I had to do some work. My mother was looking for a new camera, and I got to provide consulting service in the purchase of the new device.

Off we go to Best Buy to review the new cameras. We are looking for a camera similar to Margaret’s with a sliding front closure, and that means it will likely be a SONY to meet those requirements. We managed to find a Cool 12 megapixel SONY camera that meets the needs along with a case and a new memory chip to hold all the pictures. Then its back to the apartment to charge the batteries in the new camera and of course test it it out.

What do you think? Does it take good pictures? That certain is a clear picture of that bottle of Fat Tire!

002

005

At the Race track we had lunch and beer on the deck while the new camera makes its debut and performs admirably.

Pictures at the races from the new camera:

007

Photos by Mom and the new camera: Oh and more Beer!

008

Looks to me like the new camera does a pretty good job!

After lunch the races started at 1:30 and we were in our seats in the grandstand for post time. I was ready to bet big on the ponies this time with it being my birthday and all. Going all out I set aside $5.00 for the 8 horse races that were going to run today( I’m truly a big spender when it comes to gambling) as you can see!

DSC02686

The first race was up and I bet on the horse called Irish Rose. A lot of thought went into the pick. Margaret's from Ireland the horse was called Irish Rose … this must be a sign…… Right?

DSC02695

Guess what I won who knew!

Now I’m up almost 10 dollars! I can almost retire now!

The next few races didn’t pan out quite so well as the first race and I ended up the day with $6.50 up $1.50 Not what you would call a huge win but, not bad for a relaxing day in the sun watching the horses!

I’m now considering quitting my day job to earn my living betting on the horses!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin